Allegiant, the third and final installment of the Divergent trilogy certainly provided me an ample amount of feels to last me a lifetime. I mean, a multitude of emptions overwhelmed me from the beginning til the end - from sheer joy, utter horror, inexplicable joy to petrifyingly shock! Exaj na kung exaj but truly, those were me.
I read the book expecting one thing then boom! newsflash! plot twist! Di ko kinaya. I was honestly irked at first. I felt like the whole world as I knew it crumbled before my eyes. It’s like you were on the train platform expecting a train when a convoy of elephants suddenly pull over in front of you. Mga ganung levels. Again, di ko kinaya.
Now, as I progressed with the book, I (after i overcame the initial shocks), I was able to grasp what Veronica Roth, the author was gunning for. Yung tipong, ah gets. What was it? I won’t tell! Wouldn’t want to spoil those who haven’t read the book noh!
So anyway, in the end, after a bajillion of aftershocks and a somewhat whirlwind of emotions, I came to realize a bunch of things, in no particular order:
(1) that family will always be family how shiznitzy they may be. You may feel anger or annoyance to some of them at one point in your life but you cannot deny the fact that there will always be a special place in your heart for them. Unless they did some irreparable and jarring stuff to you though. Or kung wala kang puso.
(2) take risks, face your fears. This goes without saying that you have to think stuff thoroughly before making your decisions. We wouldn’t want you dead naman. Just the right amount of guts and brains.
(3) the value of true friends. let’s emphasize the word true here ha. it’s because these type of friends will never leave your side and/ or leave your side to get back up. These friends do not sugarcoat stuff and are able to let you swallow the bitter pill. They provide the much needed wake up call and reality presentation. Needless to say, these are the people whom you could entrust your life to and whom you should keep close to you for like ever.
(4) that love is super powerful. yep, i think we’ve established this like eons ago. Love transcends factions, races, cultures and beliefs. In other words, award winning si love. Pag nainvolve na siya, either mamamatay ka o super survive ka. Mga ganung levels.
(5) you can always change your fate. That nothing in life is written in stone and that even preconceived notions can always be altered. You only have to look within to know them. And that chances for a new beginning are always given to those who are willing and dauntless enough to accept them.
So there, medyo narelease ko na ang mga emosyon na naidulot ng libro. Again, di ko kinaya! Hahaha! Kaya naman, I’ll leave you a quote from our beloved Four, “Life damages us, every one. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am learning this: we can be mended. We can mend each other.”
Waaaaaaaaah! Di ko kayaaaaaa! (goes inside a cave and curls into a ball)
Peace and love!
sunflowerelfie. #selfie #holyweek2014 #lategram #plantstagram #nofilter
self-we at kawa-kawa nature park last maundy thursday #selfie #holyweek2014 #lategram
hate to say ‘i told you so’ but… ha! #sunnysky #mayonvolcano #albay #iWantItAlbayIt #jumpotd
nothing like a mentally stimulating conversation to cap off a toxic and panicky day.
i would never fail to appreciate the right mix of meaty and substantial discusion and juicy and jawdropping oh-my-gosh inducing gossip. not too serious and not too babaw. sakto lang. the right mix of tawa and kunot noo thought processing.
negative! had a trip to the ENT today for a lodged cotton bud tip on my right ear. long story short, no sign of the foreign body. must’ve dislodged when i was panicking haha! #kwento #ENT #foreignbodyobstruction #accidentprone #OAmuch