In my quest to read a hundred books to fulfill an item on my bucket list… charaaaaan… FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM by J.K. Rowling!
And yes, it’s another e-book. hehe Special shoutout to @graceimperial for the copy! #ikawnaaaaaa!
Anywho, totally loved the book! It’s full of interesting information about the different beasts found in the Harry Potter series. 75 of them are featured in the book with occasional commentary from Harry Potter and Ron Weasley!!! Yes, kumo-comment sila! hehe Isn’t that adorbs? Tama? Tamaaaa!!!
So yep, any HP fan should read this. Like, ASAP haha!
Peace and love!
Mass Casualty Incident Drill: An Urban Scenario
Legazpi City Grand Terminal, Legazpi City
June 14, 2013
Yoho! Greetings from the country “where it’s sunny all day every day except for the monsoons”, the Philippines!
Natural disasters are kind of second nature in the Philippines. Located on the Pacific Ocean, the country is right smack in the Typhoon Belt, a region where typhoons mostly cross, formed or pass and in the ring of the Pacific Ring of Fire, the birthplace of volcanoes in the Pacific Region. It also has its own tectonic plate, the Philippine Sea Plate. Now if typhoons, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes doesn’t spell disaster, what does? Well, there’re avalanches, tornadoes and hurricanes sooo… ahm basta yun na.
As you may have read (or seen) in my blog, i live in Albay, specifically in Region 5 (Bicol Region). Aaaaaaand, let’s just say that we have a volcano in our backyard (technically though, it isn’t in our backyard since it’s in front of our house..aaaaanyway…)
So does this mean the Albayanos cower in fear and desperation over the disasters that constantly loom over us? Of course not! Being the resilient creatures that we are, we turn an opportunity for despair into an opportunity to let our artistry and resourcefulness take center stage.
On June 6, 2013, I attended the opening of BANGON ALBAY RISING! A Photo Essay by Mr. Ping Peralta in partial fulfillment of his requirements in his post-graduate studies. It’s an exhibit about how the Albayanos faced the ordeal of back-to-back typhoons and other calamities and turned it into something good and beneficial which is the province’s booming tourism industry.
o ayan, proof para sa nanay! hehe
oha, maka-confucius lang! this quote perfectly sums it up.
mga halu-halong tao sa exhibit
some of the photos. intense lang!
lakas maka-third wheel! with emil and alex.
DILEMma. kinulang ng slight sa flash. (L-R) me, emil, Sir Ping, wife of Sir Jun Balde, Sir Jun Balde (ang isa sa pinakamagaling na poets ng
Albay Pilipinas), alex. super honored ako mga ati at koya! hehe
sume-celebrity status lang!
rume-red hair na si zyra.
with ma’am alma and the lovebirds
Sinadya ko talagana hindi picture-an yung exhibit para naman mavisit nyo talaga siya. hehe. Bangon Albay Rising: A Photo Essay runs from June 6 to July 4, 2013 at The Atrium Gallery, G/F Albay Capitol, Old Albay District, Legazpi City.
Experience the power of the Albayanos’ journey from nothing into something! Visit na! Now na!
Peace and love!
For too long, I’ve avoided e-books. Not that I abhor them but it’s the feeling that technology already took over something ancient and mystical. You know, having a book in your hands feels powerful as opposed to having your eyes on the computer screen. Kinda robotic feeling lang. It’s the that tangible thing that one feels when holding a book hehe.
But theeeeeen, technology caught up with this hermit wannabe. And yep, I had that difficult choice of choosing to pick up a book or opening that PDF file. Actually, it was a no-brainer. I got nothing to do and I was bored so I decided to read a(n) (e-)book hehe
Grace, a friend and former officemate (whom i heard had recently discovered the words “gym” and “exercise”, i know, que horror) gave me the books e-copy. And what book am i referring to? DIVERGENT!!!
Well it’s penned by Veronica Roth, a writer (duh). It’s set in a kinda post-apocalyptic Chicago. Not naman extinction levels. Kinda post-famine-and-war-and-trying-to-get-back-to-normalcy levels lang. Wikipedia describes these kind of novels as Dystopian which is the opposite of Utopia daw. Parang nega future and rainbow-ice-cream-honey-dew-drops respectively. Parang ganon. Simply put hehe
Soooo, back to Divergent. As I’ve said, it’s set in a futuristic Chicago wherein the community is divided into five factions. Aaaaaaand, because i don’t want to spoil you all, i’ll leave it at that haha! Basta, its premise reads “One choice can transform you”. Oha, intriguing lang ha!
With that, here are 5 reasons why you should read DIVERGENT!
5. Action-packed! A riveting page-tuner, Divergent makes you want to have a bladder the size of a hot-air balloon so you’ll never have to put it down and get up and go to the bathroom and pee. If plunging needles down your neck and knife-throwing and punching people and climbing immensely high structures and kind of plunging to your death out of your own free will doesn’t say action, what does ba? Kinda like that levels.
4. Kiliiiiiiiiig much. Divergent isn’t hardcore action. It’s prolly because its target market are the adolescents to young adults. Meaning, hormones. Raging hormones. Meaning: the swooning kind of love. The one that’ll make your tummy all butterfly-yee inside. The one that makes you googly-eyed and sends shivers down your spine. In Tagalog: KILIG. josko. haha!
3. Tumblr yo! Yep, if you type in #divergent in the search box here in tumblr, a bajillion results will come up. But that’s not my point. Point is: VERONICA ROTH has tumblr. I know most tumblr people already know this. Apologies everyone ha. I had to get used to jumping on a moving divergent train pa if you know what i mean. of course, you know what i mean hehe. Uy pala, Divergent has twitter, facebook and instagram. Ah basta, eto yung link nung tumblr ni Tita Veronica: http://theartofnotwriting.tumblr.com
2. Quote-a-holics anonymous unite. The books is just overflowing with quote-worthy lines from the characters that’ll surely merit a handful of likes, retweets and favorites from your friends and followers. Actually, tumblr already beat you to it. Graphic designs of quotes and typographics mga ati at koya! In fair, magaganda sila ha!
1. Live action yeah! Divergent’s being made into a movie! Hala mga ati at koya, mag-ipon-ipon na ng pera para sa High Def na sine dahil i am so sure na it will kick arse. And yep, based from Tita Veronica’s (close kami. walang pakialamanan haha!) posts, the production crew is doing a pretty swell job of translating to screen her work! And if the storyteller is happy, we pretty much have an overview of what the movie will be. Fingers crossed!
Ah basta, whether the movie will be a crappy one or not i’m sure that i’ll be one of the people who’ll be lining up to watch it! hehe
Sooooo, with all the apprehension with reading e-books gone (as well as the recent out-of-town trip of my boss) I was able to read book two of the series!!! Did i tell you that it was a trilogy? Yep, i’m telling you now na. haha! Don’t tell my boss haha! Watch out for the post for the second book! This now goes without saying that reading the book was not accompanied by regret.
And yes, that was a choice i made. A Dauntless one.
Peace and love!